Burlesque, Ballet and Burpees

So I suppose my New Year's resolution should have been to keep up with my weekly blog posts. It's been four weeks since my last post...ahh well. Better late than never.

2014 started with a huge BANG. I attended an open house at the Athletic Club and sampled a Burlesque class and had a blast...and won a month's membership as a result of entering the draw! Nothing can keep me away from my love for sequins and feathers now!! Mwahahahahaaaa! Dorota is an amazing instructor and effortlessly sucks the conservatism out of the shy ladies in the back row.

That same week, I jumped back into ballet classes...this time a little slower and more relaxed, but still technical. I managed to drag two fellow salseras to class as well, convincing them that this will indeed benefit their salsa dancing. And in another "what have I gotten myself into?" moment, I agreed to participate in this year's recital in May. Not only ballet, but modern as well. Two dances. One recital. Many chances to screw up. Ugh.

Neverthless, I've been making great use of my gym time, sampling tons of classes (yoga included) and generally feeling pretty balanced physically. As the weather warms up again (did it ever really cool down?) Rockfire Bermuda will commence training for the new season and I will have to focus on not hitting myself in the head with a lit staff....

Salsa Friends have found a new spot in the back bar of Dockies - the floor is great and the drinks are cheap! Classes are going well but we can always use more leads, as is the problem that plagues salsa classes worldwide - so get your male friends out! Buy them a drink if you have to! We're very excited for the first choreography group to perform their piece in two weeks!

So there you have it - a little tidbit from my world. See you on the dancefloor!

Comments

Popular Posts